Time: June 1, 2017 all day
Location: W3 DesignsHouston Texas
Street: 25533 Richards Rd
City/Town: Spring, Texas
Website or Map: https://www.facebook.com/even…
Event Type: training
Organized By: Tommy T Cook, AKA The Gnome
Latest Activity: Apr 17, 2017
3.5 day training in Houston Texas - $1300
This is an opportunity to work with one of the renown pioneers and highly respected craftsman, artists & instructors the industry has to offer. Tegan’s range of expertise is expansive; from fabric forming, compound curvature work, to innovative use of materials, creating true works of art in GFRC casting.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
1) Exposure to multiple approaches to mold making including use of wood, fiberglass, clay, plaster, wood and more.
2) Understanding of a wide range of mold making materials and their function, including things you may not have thought of!
3) Utilization of and incorporation of multiple materials in finished product, i.e.; wood, steel, glass & concrete to name a few.
4) Multiple applications of different GFRC mix designs from a range of sources as well as sourcing information for everything used in the workshop. This and much more will be supplied in a folder outline format for your convenience so when you go back home and put this training to work in your shop you will have a reference guide.
1) Fabric formed vanity sink with slot drain and top
2) Fabricate farm sink mold from fiberglass cast top
3) Large conference table with large exotic wood inlay
4) Fire table with hidden tank
5) Corporate logo coasters using rubber molds
6) As always in my classes, we will cast MANY other little projects to
show other techniques and processes
7) Acid stained with terrazzo table with 6 sided hollow/finished base
WHERE WILL IT BE HELD:
W3 Design Studio is located at 25533 Richards Rd in Spring Texas. Our studio is in a beautiful country setting just north of the IAH airport north of Houston, with great amenities for all tastes and desires. Did I mention the food? You will be fed well here in our great state of Texas. BBQ, TexMex, homemade grilled burgers & dogs, and of course all the fixings that go with them all. Water, soda, tea and beer at the end of the day will be available.
Contact us for accommodation information.
We have sponsors who have been kind enough to offer support with material donations, however this is not a sales seminar. We are not selling materials or products. We are providing an educational workshop for those committed to advancing their skills, knowledge and business revenue stream. You may contact sponsors or anyone else listed in your folder as suppliers at your own discretion. We do try to make the material tool list comprehensive and up to date.
Our class will have some class room time, but we will spend much of our time hands on in the studio. Long days of hard work and fun with your colleges from around the industry is what you can expect from this class.