Newbie Questions (122)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

DIY Concrete Fire Hearth

Hi everyone. This is my first post and first time attempting to pre cast concrete. I'm based in the UK (unfortunately this means that I ha…

Started by Oliver Hrubiak

2 Oct 13, 2015
Reply by Deri Brown

Anyone in the Atlanta Area?

Hey Crete Geeks, New to the medium, but looking for like minded cool people to hang out with in the Atlanta area (specifically im in East…

Started by Jeff Wise

0 Sep 1, 2015

Concrete counters in model home.

Hi all, I'm looking to build a model home and I was curious if concrete countertops might be a nice selling point. My biggest concerns are:…

Started by Huskers

5 Jan 28, 2015
Reply by Dave McVey

mix advice

Hi there I need a bit of guidence on my first mix I found the basic mix below on this site but am a bit confused about the amounts of eac…

Started by jonathan chapman

2 Oct 30, 2014
Reply by jonathan chapman

when are reinforcements (e.g. rebar or thick metal mesh) really needed?

I am planning to purchase the Quickrete concrete countertop product for my concrete countertop for a kitchen remodel.  Some of the features…

Started by Linda L

1 Sep 23, 2014
Reply by Jamie O'Toole

hand pressed counter tops

i am in need of some advice about hand pressed counter tops. i have been playing a little bit with hand pressed faces (quite dry) , started…

Started by creativeconcepts

6 Apr 13, 2014
Reply by Craig Lucas

Just plain cleaning them

Hey all Just started actually using our tops as we have turned our lower kitchen into "the" kitchen while I gut and rebuild the main house…

Started by tyler turel

7 Feb 7, 2014
Reply by tyler turel

Mixer help???

I need some experienced guidance around purchasing a mixer. I am wanting to experiment with small countertops projects while it is too wet…

Started by Josh McEntire

3 Jan 25, 2014
Reply by Sam Hocking

To Jess Stone that posted an ad in the listings

As a general rule, concrete people are not interested in buying granite mined by slave labor in unsafe working conditions and shipping it h…

Started by Concrete Countertop Forums

7 Jan 6, 2014
Reply by Darby Crowley

New guy to concrete needs help

Hi,I stumbled upon this forum late but am very grateful that it exists!!  I'm trying to wet cast wall caps and running into problems (i thi…

Started by Rick Pannkoke

10 Dec 21, 2013
Reply by rick sault

RSS

Sponsor's Training

Concrete Countertop Mix Recipes

Featured Product

Featured Product of the Month

Fishstone's Super-SIX-Admix™ is a proprietary blend of SIX different admixtures designed to achieve pinhole free, dense and strong concrete that will free flow in precast molds.  Super SIX makes it easy to produce Ultra high performance concrete (UHPC), also known as Engineered Concrete Composition (ECC) and Reactive Powder Concrete (RPC).  Super-SIX™  is a non-hazardous material utilizing the newest and most advanced technologies.

© 2017   Created by Tom Fischer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service