Newbie Questions (122)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

need help fixing a concrete countertop

So heres the deal, hired a friend of a friend to do concrete countertops for my house. Older craftsmen house remodeled into a modern custom…

Started by Tony Frink

9 Dec 11, 2013
Reply by Jared Larsen

CSA slurry?

Is there a reason not to use a CSA style mix for a slurry to get it to kick and harden faster....? Or maybe I should say -  Would it be ok…

Started by J T

8 Dec 7, 2013
Reply by Nelson Lasaosa

caulk, grout, mortar, pl?

I would really appreciate anyone's info on these things. I am using clear silicone for wall and backslash joints on vanities, that's as far…

Started by mike porto

9 Dec 5, 2013
Reply by Sam Hocking

Another newb - full of questions.

Hello All, Thanks in advance for your thoughts. This is my first concrete project. I'm a DIY'er intending on making my kitchen island count…

Started by Brent H

3 Dec 5, 2013
Reply by Brent H

newb intro

Hey, first off let me say thanks to the board operator for the platform, and to the contributors for the content. I have been lurking and l…

Started by J T

7 Nov 22, 2013
Reply by J T

Im New Here.....Seeking advice on concrete shower panels/tiles/countertop/backsplash

I am new to this and going to do my own shower and even on the kitchen floor. I am seeking advice on which supplies to use, and what will l…

Started by joey .

3 Nov 18, 2013
Reply by Sam Hocking

Just finsihed a cast-in-place top...what is the best way to cure?

What is the best way to cure....cover with poly and that's it? should I wet it periodically. I want to put rigid insulation on top but  I a…

Started by Scorponox

1 Aug 8, 2013
Reply by Henry Fehr

Custom Molds

I make atlas stones which are the round stones that are placed on a platform in world's strongest man contests. I make them from as small a…

Started by Eli Butcher

9 Jun 15, 2013
Reply by Eli Butcher

First top, looking for a mix design

Hello all.  I have been lurking around here since I decided to do a concrete countertop for my new kitchen.  I have found a ton of useful i…

Started by Joe Corlazzoli

7 Jun 4, 2013

Curling with STRAIGHT bag-mixed Quikrete 5000

A friend of mine made a top awhile back with just the Quikrete 5000 mix, no additives at all. The tops turned out really nice at first, but…

Started by Zachary Tyler

5 May 17, 2013
Reply by rick sault

RSS

Sponsor's Training

Concrete Countertop Mix Recipes

Featured Product

Featured Product of the Month

Fishstone's Super-SIX-Admix™ is a proprietary blend of SIX different admixtures designed to achieve pinhole free, dense and strong concrete that will free flow in precast molds.  Super SIX makes it easy to produce Ultra high performance concrete (UHPC), also known as Engineered Concrete Composition (ECC) and Reactive Powder Concrete (RPC).  Super-SIX™  is a non-hazardous material utilizing the newest and most advanced technologies.

© 2017   Created by Tom Fischer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service