Knowing that GFRC may creep over time, what is the best way to reinforce a 12-14" canteliver? I am looking at a 36"x10' outdoor bar top with a curved canteliver the full lngth. What is best practice for this situation?

Views: 758

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Alla. I think you are right but id like to over build and sleep well at night. I am tempted to run some laddur wire in the front edge (using an SRA of course ;).

Thanks Cosmo.  I think this is actually indoors, GFRC (maybe galvanized 9 gu laddur wire at the most), and will be sealed.    I'm thinking Akebono's fat butt is more of a worry than spalling.  Of course with my luck you never know.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Sponsor's Training

Concrete Countertop Mix Recipes

Featured Product

Featured Product 

Fishstone's Super-SIX-Admix™ is a proprietary blend of SIX different admixtures designed to achieve pinhole free, dense and strong concrete that will free flow in precast molds.  Super SIX makes it easy to produce Ultra high performance concrete (UHPC), also known as Engineered Concrete Composition (ECC) and Reactive Powder Concrete (RPC).  Super-SIX™  is a non-hazardous material utilizing the newest and most advanced technologies.

© 2018   Created by Tom Fischer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service