So I have been getting my 2" melamine strips for side walls cut by a carpenter. Then I pick them up. Is there an accurate way for me to this if I don't have a table saw setup?.....whats everybody else using for this?

Views: 983

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds good, but does it turn into a bed when guests want to spend the night?

Guido said:

A guy around here stopped making counter tops and went strictly flooring. I bought his table saw setup for $600. The kicker is the table saw can be lowered cause its attached to a car jack. When you lower the saw the whole thing can be used as a casting table. Awesome setup

Mine has a pocket p**** and a lighter holder attached to it

Cody, are you coming down from that monster pour by being a comedian?

THis is no joke. Nothing better than a table saw that give you a happy ending. THat Island is no joke. 2850 pounds of GFRC...WTF

Derek Peters @ Origins Concrete said:

Cody, are you coming down from that monster pour by being a comedian?

pick a day when you havnt got much on, set your table saw and cut a s*** load of edges ( sizes you use most ). pack your table saw away, store your edges and cut them length as you need them. 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBCCe-dd7nc    this is what I do.. not saying it's the best way but it works for me, I made the video after seeing this discussion, if it helps somebody out that's great

https://youtu.be/Jr2YCVUh-eg  I made this video, it's an easy way I came up with to cut multiple melamine pieces exactly the same length and save a ton of time, it's after the dog part 

Festool track saw. At the highest end of spendy. But, I can rip 10' strips at any dimension accurately, easily, and safely. .5 inch by 10ft? Easy. I use it for a huge variety of cuts and rips. Combined with their vacuum system I have almost no saw dust. I've even done 10' strips at 1.5" with kerfs every .5inch. Best money I ever spent on shop equipment. I only cried once when I purchased it.
Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Sponsor's Training

Concrete Countertop Mix Recipes

Featured Product

Featured Product 

Fishstone's Super-SIX-Admix™ is a proprietary blend of SIX different admixtures designed to achieve pinhole free, dense and strong concrete that will free flow in precast molds.  Super SIX makes it easy to produce Ultra high performance concrete (UHPC), also known as Engineered Concrete Composition (ECC) and Reactive Powder Concrete (RPC).  Super-SIX™  is a non-hazardous material utilizing the newest and most advanced technologies.

© 2018   Created by Tom Fischer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service