Was talking to Scott the BASF rep out here in the west coast.  He recommends Glenium 7500, 3400 or Rheobuild 1000 over the 7700.  Does anyone have any thoughts on this? 

Views: 474

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not sure about the others, but I use the 7700 and like it allot. I have about 40 gallons left so I wont be switching to anything else!
Ok, that's kind of what I thought, I know others here use it also. thanks
What reason did he give for the preference of these over the 7700?
Jim, I remember he suggested that the others might work better and the 7700 costs more. I don't think he really had a technical answer for me when I asked him why not use the 7700.
Where do you buy the Glenium in Phoenix??

Cody Carpenter said:
Not sure about the others, but I use the 7700 and like it allot. I have about 40 gallons left so I wont be switching to anything else!
I hooked up with a rep that covered the Phoenix, Tucson area. I purchased a 55 gallon drum, and they dropped it off for me. They even hooked up a small recirculation pump to the barrel for free.
Alla's right. If you contact BASF they should be able too get you the name and number of a rep in your area

Alla Linetsky said:
You need to connect with a BASF rep.
The BASF rep I spoke to for northern California was Matt Park if that helps. I don't have his #, but, I did contact Scott Perrire (sp?) first at 602 686-1895. He had Matt contact me. Matt's email is,

matt.park@basf.com

Sent him an email. Thanks!

cosmo99 said:
The BASF rep I spoke to for northern California was Matt Park if that helps. I don't have his #, but, I did contact Scott Perrire (sp?) first at 602 686-1895. He had Matt contact me. Matt's email is,

matt.park@basf.com

I use the 7700, it works well. I was told that the darker color super p's are designed to keep things flowing until it stops. ie. through a boom it will flow great, but when it stops in the column form, it quickly looses its ability to flow. I've found that when I'd mix outside, pour in the wheel barrel and moved it to the table, it set up significantly from when it was right out of the mixer. I haven't tried anything else, but perhaps someone will elaborate on poly carboxilates of dark to light color and their purpose. I don't come too close to maxing out the 7700, which makes me think I could use something that offers a broader spectrum.
No reply.. This stuff is elusive.

CounterKulture said:

cosmo99 said:

matt.park@basf.com

You are right, Matt is not returning my emails either. I will try again next week and let you know if I get anywhere. Sorry for the dead end.

CounterKulture said:
No reply.. This stuff is elusive.

CounterKulture said:

cosmo99 said:

matt.park@basf.com

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Sponsor's Training

Concrete Countertop Mix Recipes

Featured Product

Featured Product 

Fishstone's Super-SIX-Admix™ is a proprietary blend of SIX different admixtures designed to achieve pinhole free, dense and strong concrete that will free flow in precast molds.  Super SIX makes it easy to produce Ultra high performance concrete (UHPC), also known as Engineered Concrete Composition (ECC) and Reactive Powder Concrete (RPC).  Super-SIX™  is a non-hazardous material utilizing the newest and most advanced technologies.

© 2018   Created by Tom Fischer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service