Hello,
I am trying without success to get a deep "true" black countertop color. I used Black pigment from Alabama pigments and it looked very black in the mix but dried to a dark gray. I tried using an Eco Procote soy based stain over it and it wouldn't bite in without leaving swirl marks. Oh, it's a GFRC top by the way, I don't know if that matters or not. Then I just used an acid stain from concrete solutions, definitely more black, but with way too much brown undertone. So how on earth do I get a real true deep black?
Thanks,
Will

Views: 587

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've been getting good results using a black liquid pigment instead of powder. Much more solid and darker colour.
Try Smith Color Floors black concrete dye.
I use a Brickform Ebony Acid stain and do not neutralize for 24 hours. When I use Sparta Cote 2 part epoxy sealer it really gives you the solid black color.

Don

The solution could be at hand if this is still an issue

what is the solution Murray? I have some black tops coming up and hate what it does to my mix. How do I cure the problem ?

Use white cement instead of gray.

BlueConcrete has the solution.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Sponsor's Training

Concrete Countertop Mix Recipes

Featured Product

Featured Product 

Fishstone's Super-SIX-Admix™ is a proprietary blend of SIX different admixtures designed to achieve pinhole free, dense and strong concrete that will free flow in precast molds.  Super SIX makes it easy to produce Ultra high performance concrete (UHPC), also known as Engineered Concrete Composition (ECC) and Reactive Powder Concrete (RPC).  Super-SIX™  is a non-hazardous material utilizing the newest and most advanced technologies.

© 2018   Created by Tom Fischer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service