Hi all,

I've just demold a countertop and find these spot all around the top. Someone can explain me why it does this and how not to happen again please?

Thank!

Views: 265

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

could be a mixing issue or you maybe you had wax on your surface. what did you use to caulk the edges? did you use wax and caulk or clay?

The other thing it could be that the backer coat went through the face coat.

I waxes the edge to caulk with silicone. But i always clean the mold with paint remover before spraying. I'd like to try clay but I don't know where to find it in Canada.

Guido said:

could be a mixing issue or you maybe you had wax on your surface. what did you use to caulk the edges? did you use wax and caulk or clay?

The other thing it could be that the backer coat went through the face coat.

How did this turn out? Often when pulling something out of the mold, there can be a residue that comes of when cleaning. Did it come off?

I think this happened because I have not clean my mold enough after wiping out the wax with varsol... The two next pieces i've made for this client were perfect and didn't come like this. I've been careful in my cleaning. It's nice that it doesn't appears so much in the final product!  Here's the project picture!

Jason Eller said:

How did this turn out? Often when pulling something out of the mold, there can be a residue that comes of when cleaning. Did it come off?
That looks sleak! Is that sprayed GFRC with back coat?
Yes Jason! Sprayed mist coat and handpacked backer coat. That's what i think i taking me too much time. But i'm not sure about scc backer.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Sponsor's Training

Concrete Countertop Mix Recipes

Featured Product

Featured Product of the Month

Fishstone's Super-SIX-Admix™ is a proprietary blend of SIX different admixtures designed to achieve pinhole free, dense and strong concrete that will free flow in precast molds.  Super SIX makes it easy to produce Ultra high performance concrete (UHPC), also known as Engineered Concrete Composition (ECC) and Reactive Powder Concrete (RPC).  Super-SIX™  is a non-hazardous material utilizing the newest and most advanced technologies.

© 2017   Created by Tom Fischer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service