I am retiring from concrete!!!!
It's time for the next phase of my journey!!!
Well, many of you have followed my travels around the US and Canada after selling my company in Seattle over 4 years ago.  I am now, after resting here in CT for a bit, planning the next phase of my journey.  I have several options I am looking at, but, believe it or not, they do not include concrete.  That’s right, I am retiring from concrete!!!
Life is an interesting thing and mine has been, and continues to be, an ever changing journey.   My life has gone from complex to simple and I now plan to make it even simpler.   I have been drawn to this for some time now and I have decided it is time to take that big leap of faith and truly follow my dreams and desires of that simple life.
 At the end of July I will sell most of my remaining possessions, which is really not much, and I will enter a new phase of life…one of service and deep simplicity.  I am debating between several 6 month+ volunteer programs and also just throwing on a backpack and going for a walk…….a very long walk….think of the book “Into the Wild”.
I am so excited to do this and scared as all hell as well.  Not fear of failing but simple fear of the unknown.  The fear of simplicity.  Not having “stuff” or the comforts that we all have come to take for granted will be a challenge.  It was one thing to sell most my stuff and move into an RV…..but even that was luxury compared to my next plan.  But, I know the rewards of this life and I am dedicated to it!!
 Over the next 5 months I will be working on several projects, a couple through Kickstarter that I hope you will support.  I will also be offering the last of my training to raise funds to prep for the next phase; and sharing my knowledge is rewarding spiritually and financially.   This is an opportunity for you to gain some skills and help another artist follow his path if you are interested.   I have a few options available to choose from, so if you have been on the fence waiting for the right time, or just not sure if it is worth it, well, don’t wait any longer!! 
If you would like training, here are the options before I retire from the industry.
I will be putting on a few hosted joint classes with some other s in the industry.  I plan to hold one in Australia, one in the Seattle area and one over in Europe – details on those soon.
One on one 3 days/3 nights training at my studio in CT for $1200 or $1600 with room, board and travel to/from the airport.
If you’re interested, drop me an email at tommy@tommytcook.com or give me a call at 206-349-6403.

Views: 615

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good luck Tommy

Thanks again everybody!!  Some things are falling into place and I am looking forward to my next journey!!  I appreciate this industry and all the people in it!!  See you on the road!!

Tommy, I too find it hard that you will retreat from this world we have learned to love... "Concrete Artistry". As i found out along time ago, once you get in the concrete business, whether it is Ready Mix concrete or the specialty concrete (GFRC), it is very tuff to get out. I offer you good luck with your journey and trust you will find true happiness along the way.....remember do not accept any wooden nickels.......insist on concrete.

Always a Concrete brother.

rick

NEGA

Do you have dates for your CT classes? I'd love to learn from one of the greats before he hangs up the trowel. 

Rick....it is in my blood, but believe me, when I set my mind to something I am hard to disway.... and this is one of those times.  I have many reasons for leaving the industry, and I will always be "around", but not like I have been for the last 16 years.  Gonna be an interesting journey....that is for sure.

Zach, I have several classes coming up and I will be posting the info and dates here very soon.  Stay tuned for info.

Tommy, concrete is like offroading, you think you're out and they drag you back in.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU  
Good luck and see you back in say three years ;-)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Sponsor's Training

Concrete Countertop Mix Recipes

Featured Product

Featured Product of the Month

Fishstone's Super-SIX-Admix™ is a proprietary blend of SIX different admixtures designed to achieve pinhole free, dense and strong concrete that will free flow in precast molds.  Super SIX makes it easy to produce Ultra high performance concrete (UHPC), also known as Engineered Concrete Composition (ECC) and Reactive Powder Concrete (RPC).  Super-SIX™  is a non-hazardous material utilizing the newest and most advanced technologies.

© 2018   Created by Tom Fischer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service