Hi all!
I've got a cross ghosting in a concrete table top. I wanted to get more strength since it's 2inches with 1inch foam core, so i've let 1 inch in the middle with out foam and have filled with backercoat. Is there a way to fix the ghosting or reduce the way it look?

Second problem is that i have little hole in my facecoat like my melamine form have imperfection in it. But i always check twice and never saw one on the melamine. Could it be another problem or it's must be on the melanie? Is there a solution to fill those little hole because each time i try they aren't big enough to keep the slurry and its always come out.
Thank you for your help

Views: 142

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Unfortunately, in my opinion, the only two solutions to ghosting is to paint the concrete or start over.  Chalk it up as training...sorry...

I've found that my little hole in the surface was because melamine let the water pass and pop up with humidity. Is there a solution for the melamine to not absorb water?

There is good melamine and bad melamine. I have had problems with melamine from home depot before. I don't buy it there anymore.

Jonathan said:

I've found that my little hole in the surface was because melamine let the water pass and pop up with humidity. Is there a solution for the melamine to not absorb water?

How can you know if it's good quality?

Guido said:

There is good melamine and bad melamine. I have had problems with melamine from home depot before. I don't buy it there anymore.

Jonathan said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Sponsor's Training

Concrete Countertop Mix Recipes

Featured Product

Featured Product of the Month

Fishstone's Super-SIX-Admix™ is a proprietary blend of SIX different admixtures designed to achieve pinhole free, dense and strong concrete that will free flow in precast molds.  Super SIX makes it easy to produce Ultra high performance concrete (UHPC), also known as Engineered Concrete Composition (ECC) and Reactive Powder Concrete (RPC).  Super-SIX™  is a non-hazardous material utilizing the newest and most advanced technologies.

© 2017   Created by Tom Fischer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service